Jeffrey awoke early in the morning in his crib and cried for a few moments until I went to get him and take him to our own bed. Once we all awoke for the morning it was time to get Jeffrey ready first. As I made Jeffrey a bowl of cereal and yogurt I thought about these simple and ordinary times as being truly the most memorable and uplifting to draw upon later. I recall Presidnet Hinckly advising in his old age that he had found that not all of life can be a grand adventure. Most of the time it is like riding on a train. The secret is to learn to enjoy the ride.
Even as I am writing this and reflecting upon this mornings activities I am ejoying the photos that I have turned to monochrome with some soft 1920's big band music while Tricia rests beside me on the bed with Jeffrey asleep in her arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment